This is the best cranberry bread that I ever have. I double the recipe to make two loaves.
2 cups all purpose flour
1+1/2 ts. baking powder
1/2 ts. baking soda
1/2 ts. salt
1 tb. grated orange zest
1+1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 chopped pecan (optional)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 ts. vanilla extract (optional)
3/4 cup orange juice
Glaze: Mix 6 tb. orange juice and 1 cup powdered sugar or more as desired consistency, or use your favorite glaze.
1. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, Stir in cranberries, orange zest and chopped pecan, set aside.
2. In a mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar and egg until smooth. Add orange juice, beat in flour mixture until well blended. Do not over mix.
3. Pour the mixture in to a greased and floured loaf pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 deg. F for 1 hour or until the tester comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
5. Pour glaze on top of the bread while the bread is still warm or before serving.
Note: If bake in 4 mini loaf pans, bake for 30-40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean
Post time: Jul-07-2017