Mrs.Vahchef is very fond of cooking and her Recipes are very unique and fit for busy women specially working women
This is a very aromatic sambar recipe prepared with pumpkin and served with rice and idly.
Chana dal 1 tsp
Coriander seeds ½ tsp
Pepper corn 10 nos
Dry red chillies 4-5 nos
Coconut(grated) 1 tsp
Oil 4 tbs
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Fenugreek seeds 5 nos
Curry leaves 1 spring
Green chillies 4 nos
Pumpkin(pieces) 1 cup
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt To taste
Tamarind juice 1 cup
Toor dal, 1 cup
Coriander leaves(chopped) 1 tbs
1. Take a pan and add chana dal, coriander seeds, pepper corn, dry red chillies and dry roast and transfer into blender, add finely grated coconut, little water and make smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, pumpkin pieces, and saute it.
3. To it add turmeric powder, salt and mix it, cook for 2-3 mins with lid on it.
4. Add tamarind juice, little water and mix it, later cook with lid on for 3-4 mins.
5. Add boiled toor dal, smooth paste, salt, simmer it for 3-4 mins.
6. Atlast add coriander leaves and switch off flame.
7. Now pumpkin sambar udupi style is ready to serve.
Post time: Jul-29-2017