White Willow Bark Extract
[Latin Name] Salix alba L.
[Plant Source] from China
[Specifications] Salicin 15-98%
[Appearance] Yellow Brown to White powder
Plant Part Used: Bark
[Particle size] 80 Mesh
[Loss on drying] ≤5.0%
[Heavy Metal] ≤10PPM
[Storage] Store in cool & dry area, keep away from the direct light and heat.
[Shelf life] 24 Months
[Package] Packed in paper-drums and two plastic-bags inside.
[Net weight] 25kgs/drum
Salicin is a naturally occurring compound found in the bark of several species of trees, primarily North American in origin, that are from the willow, poplar, and aspen families. White willow, from whose Latin name, Salix alba, the term salicin is derived, is the most well known source of this compound, but it is found in a number of other trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants as well being synthesized commercially. It is a member of the glucoside family of chemicals and is used as an analgesic and antipyretic. Salicin is used as a precursor for the synthesis of salicylic acid and acetylsalicylic acid, commonly known as aspirin.
A colorless, crystalline solid in its pure form, salicin has the chemical formula C13H18O7. Part of its chemical structure is equivalent to the sugar glucose, meaning it is classified as a glucoside. It is soluble, but not strongly so, in water and alcolhol. Salicin has a bitter taste and is a natural analgesic and antipyretic, or fever reducer. In large quantities, it can be toxic, and overdoses may lead to liver and kidney damage. In its raw form, it may be mildly irritating to skin, respiratory organs, and eyes.
1. Salicin is used to ease pain and reduce inflammation.
2. Relieve acute and chronic pain, including headache, back and neck pain, muscle aches, and menstrual cramps; Control arthritis discomforts.
3. Relieve acute and chronic pain.
4. It has the same effect on the body as aspirin without any of the side effects.
5. It is an anti-inflammatory, a fever reducer, an analgesic, an anti-rheumatic, and an astringent. Specifically, it helps to relieve headaches.
2.Reduce a fever,
3.Use as an analgesic and astringent,
5.Ease pain caused by rheumatism, arthritis, and carpal tunnel syndrome.